Home

Русский

Dionisy

Ferapontov Monastery

Museum of Frescoes

Library

Supplemental Information

Site Map

The ensemble of the St. Ferapont Belozero Monastery monuments includes:

The Virgin Nativity Cathedral. 1490

The Church of the Annunciation with the Refectory. 1530 – 1531

The Treasury Chamber. 1530s

The Church of St. Martinian. 1641

The Gate Churches of the Epiphany and St. Ferapont. 1650

The Bell-tower. 1680s

The Wall. 19th-20th centuries






The Wall. 19th-20th centuries

The Wall

The Wall

Up to the middle of the 19th century the monastery wall was wooden and had four corner towers. The wall facing Borodaevskoye Lake embraced the monastery constructions of the 16th century, namely the stone cellars, guesthouse and kitchen.

In the 1840s, a parish stone wall was built from the bricks of the demolished buildings. Only the southern wall has survived. In the 1980s, the wall was restored on a deeper foundation along the whole perimeter.

The ensemble of the St. Ferapont Belozero Monastery monuments includes

The Virgin Nativity CathedralThe Virgin Nativity Cathedral. 1490

The Church of the Annunciation with the RefectoryThe Church of the Annunciation with the Refectory. 1530 – 1531

The Treasury ChamberThe Treasury Chamber. 1530s

The Church of St. MartinianThe Church of St. Martinian. 1641

The Gate Churches of the Epiphany and St. FerapontThe Gate Churches of the Epiphany and St. Ferapont. 1650

The Bell-towerThe Bell-tower. 1680s

The WallThe Wall. 19th-20th centuries

The wall of the St. Ferapont Belozero Monastery. Up to the middle of the 19th century, the monastery wall was wooden

The wall of the St. Ferapont Belozero Monastery

Up to the middle of the 19th century, the monastery wall was wooden


The St. Ferapont Belozero Monastery

The monastery is located in the village of Ferapontovo in Kirillov region of Vologda area


How to get the Ferapontov Monastery




Search

Home

Dionisy

Ferapontov Monastery

Museum of Frescoes



Site Map | Illustrations | Contacts

© 2005-2009 «Trusteeship of the Museum of Dionisy’s Frescoes»
All rights reserved.
When using the site materials, the hyperlink to the site http://www.dionisy.com/ is obligatory

SUPPORTING WITH:


Severstal Trusteeship of the Museum of Dionisy’s Frescoes Издательство "Северный паломник"