Milestones of the St. Ferapont Belozero Monastery
Cyril and Ferapont leave the Simonov Monastery in Moscow for Siverskoye Lake.
Ferapont settles down on the shore of Borodoevskoye Lake.
Ferapont sets off for Mozhaisk
1435 – 1147
Martinian’s abbacy. Introduction of the charter of St. Cyril of Belozero
1447 – 1455
Martinian’s abbacy in the St. Sergius Trinity Lavra
1455 – 1483
Martinian, the elder and builder of the St. Ferapont Belozero Monastery
1490, 8 September
The stone Virgin Nativity Cathedral is consecrated
1502, 6 August 8 September
Martinian’s relics are found
1530 – 1531
Construction of the stone Annunciation Church with the Refectory Chamber
Canonization of Ferapont and Martinian
Hagiographies of Ferapont and Martinian are compiled. Construction of the Treasury Chamber
Construction of the St. Martinian Church
Consecration of the Epiphany Church
Consecration of the St. Ferapont Church
1666 – 1676
Patriarch Nikon is exiled to the St. Ferapont Belozero Monastery
Construction of the tented stone Bell-tower
Catherine the Great carries out reforms to secularize church lands. The St. Ferapont Belozero Monastery is the last in the list of third-category monasteries.
The Synod allocates funds for the monastery’s renovation
The St. Ferapont Belozero Monastery is disbanded “on account of its decay”. The Ferapontov parish is set up
1831 – 1866
Activity of Father Arseny Razumovsky
1836 – 1838
The St. Martinian Church is repaired, a new porch and altar are built.
Construction of the monastery wall
1851 – 1853
The Annunciation Church and the Refectory Chamber are renovated.
I. Brilliantov’s book The St. Ferapont Belozero Presently Abolished Monastery, a Place of Captivity of Patriarch Nikon. Towards the 500th Anniversary of the Monastery. 1398-1898. With the attached essay Patriarch Nikon Incarceration in Belozero was published.
1903, 12 December
Synod’s decree 11258: “… to revive the old disbanded St. Ferapont Belozero Monastery by turning it to a convent, abbess Taisia of the Leushinsky Monastery is entrusted with this task.
1904, 2 January
The St. Ferapont Belozero parish buildings are transferred to the newly revived convent
1904 30 May
The newly revived convent is inaugurated by the Archbishop of Novgorod Gury
Abbess Seraphima is appointed. The first sisters take the veil.
1908 - 1915
P.Pokryshkin and K. Romanov design restoration works.
V. Georgievsky’s The Frescoes of the St. Ferapont Belozero Monastery is published
The St. Ferapont Belozero Monastery restoration committee is formed under the Imperial Archeological Commission.
1918, 16 September
Kirillov’s vicarial bishop Varsonophy and abbess of the Ferapontov convent Serafima are shot.
The convent is closed down.
A branch of the Kirilllovo-Belozersky Museum of Dionisy’s Frescoes is organized.
A group of restorers and research members of the Museum of Dionisy’s Frescoes is awarded the State Prize for preservation of Dionisy’s wall painting
The St. Ferapont Belozero Monastery ensemble is inscribed in the UNESCO World Heritage list.